Friday, August 28, 2009

words

www.brianandbobbyspeak.com

I've known this guy, Bobby Wolter, for longer than just about any non-McKinley. He started writing letters years ago to someone he was introduced to by a friend. They're both Philly musicians, and both have cystic fibrosis. Because of the latter, they were never able to meeting in person, but developed an amazing freindship through correspondence.

They recently decided to publish these letters as a blog. They contain their most honest and intimate thoughts about life and death and art and love. I found them to be both uplifting and humbling. I also noticed that there is absolutely no transition in their voices or their subject matter when the means shifted from intimate letters between two people to letters that they knew were going to be published on the blog. Their openness and sincerity is refreshing to find on the internet.

In re-reading his letters over the past couple days, I was struck by how often Bobby mentioned his desire to help people. I know that his words have helped me a lot, and in celebrating his life, I wanted to pass them on.

No comments:

Post a Comment