Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Connections.


A
pparently I am the last person to know. Which isn't a surprise because I can be a little slow on the uptake. But for those of you a bit slower than me, check out Krzysztof Kieslowski's Trois Couleurs stat. Due to my recent Irene Jacob obsession I rented the last one first, Red. The films are made in the order of the colors of the French flag, blue, white and red (liberté, égalité, fraternité!). The common thread running through the films is the need for human connection, which resonates hugely for me these days. But the parallels in each film and throughout the three films are what makes them profoundly beautiful. Nothing is a mistake, everything is there for a reason. Which is what life is, I think. Everything is connected and everything has a lesson in it, but not in a moralistic or obvious way. What can you make of a chance encounter?

No comments:

Post a Comment