Monday, August 17, 2009

Vacation from my vacation...

This is my makeup post from last week since I was away on vacation...the week flew by and I had all these intentions of getting many many things done...sculpting bunnies, reading books, making lists. Instead I did nothing but a whole lot of sweating my ass off...It is such a rare day, let alone week, when I am doing nothing at all, so it felt insanely good to blow off everything I wanted to be doing and just relax and sleep and sweat (it was hot!) and swim and eat animal crackers and chocolate soy milk...I came back today feeling tired but ready to go with everything I have on my plate. Not doing all these things while I was away means that technically I'm "behind" where I wanted to be at this point, but I think it was for the better...too often we push ourselves to the breaking point, when sometimes breaks are what end up being more beneficial. It's really hard for me to relax and let go, but I'm trying. I want to do more of this in my life, both art-wise and normal stuff-wise. We'll see how it goes...I feel like its akin to Aubrie's post on not complaining...letting go and taking breaks and recollecting thoughts is so hard...you just have to let yourself off the hook sometimes...
I am exhausted and planned to write more, but in the vein of letting go, I am going to go to bed now (at 8:40 pm!) and am not gonna feel guilty about it for a second ;)
Happy to be back...

No comments:

Post a Comment