Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The things it loves.

"The mind plays with the object it loves"... I was thinking of this quote by Jung today.  I thought perhaps writing a list of loves would be a good starting point in the creative process to garner ideas.  I have to say, I wasn't very good at thinking of physical objects I love, but I suppose the quote could be extended to include concepts as well...
Here's what I've come up with so far...
1. The anonymity, excitement and mystery of traveling to a new and distant city.
2 The nostalgia of returning to a city that I've already experienced.
3. Thinking of something hard enough to make it true.
4. Strange words in strange languages.
5. A warm, melty, flaky pain au chocolat.  Bacon chocolate.  Truffle oil.  Pork buns.  Um... food.
6. The exhausted feeling of euphoria after a run.
7. Utter decisiveness.  
8. Dogs and their every wag, wiggle and lick.
9. The word and meaning of "oneiric".
10. Something old made new.
11. Masks.
12. Potential.

À bientôt,
La


No comments:

Post a Comment