Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hula hoops, food and NYC.

I am fortunate enough to represent the NYC branch of The Other Woman Collective.  I have to admit, I’m with Aubrie in feeling that the idea of writing a blog is very foreign!  So, to start off simply, I am posting 3 photos I’ve taken in the last 3 days.  To elaborate, I’ve decided that because I do so much of my work in a studio setting, I would like to try to take my camera out with me more often as a way to loosen up and get ideas. 




This photo was taken on the 4th of July at Rockaway Beach in NY.  My friend Ceci is an avid hula hooper, and I have to admit, when she met me in the subway lugging along her big ol’ black and silver hoop, I was a bit of a naysayer.  I was so very wrong.  These things are fantastic!  I’m quickly becoming addicted and realizing there is a lot more to hooping than a quick twirl around the waist.  Here are a couple of sites I’ve been recommended to see more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0aUr_7DBJQ&feature=related

http://groovehoops.com/


I made this photo while being lucky enough to enjoy the most amazing dim sum of my life at Dim Sum Go Go on East Broadway.   We ordered a lot of food, so I kind of lost track, but I’m pretty sure these crispy, toasty little buggers were the Sesame Balls.  Pure heaven.  And the Pork Buns?  Orgasmic.


My last little photo was taken in the late afternoon on Monday, around the time people were scrambling to get home from work and enjoy the last few hours of sunshine before the gloaming.  I think it snatched one of the facets of NYC.  Industrious worker bees rushing from place to place.  A moment of bustling frozen.  The sense of constantly being surrounded by people but not knowing their story and often only catching a glimpse of them before they disappear into the crowd. 

That’s all I have to say for today, Lovelies.  

À bientôt,

La

No comments:

Post a Comment