Thursday, July 16, 2009

I don't sleep, I dream....

I am an Aquarius, and I believe that's part of what makes me the super-charged nut-case that I am when it comes to ideas I'm excited about, specifically those that are art related. The other ladies of the collective have been many a time subjected to the crazy that is a Darla idea...(though part of why I love them all so much is that we're all each our own special brand of crazy and tend to balance each other out a bit....) Anyway, here's another idea ladies, should you choose to accept it...
Yesterday, I randomly remembered a book that Justin saw and was going to get for me a while back. He showed it to me, I loved it and I'm pretty sure its on his list of things to get me one day, but me being far too impatient for that, just ordered it for myself. (Damn this world of instant gratification that we live in!) Problem was that I couldn't remember the name of it for about 45 minutes and kept thinking it was "White Hot Black Magic" and Amazon kept turning up all these voodoo books (another time, ladies, another time). Finally I typed something else (what it was I don't remember) in the Google search and found it, somehow, someway, and ordered it. Then I was remembering all the weird, twisted art that is in it and got all excited to see it again, and, in the true spirit of instant gratification, found shots of some pages from the book online to look at.
Sidebar, I'm currently in the process of updating photos of my work and plan to put together another book of my work. (I did one in 2007 that came out really well.) This fact and looking at the pages of this book, I was like "Hell, why don't WE do a book...?!?!?!?" I feel like this has maybe been tossed around a couple of times before but I mean for real...this could be an amazing project that could be used for both individual and collective promotion, fund raising (ladies gotta eat, you know) and I think would be a fabulous end product (see....my crazy is very practical....). The magic that is Photoshop combined with the wonders of the online book publishing world could allow us to put together a bangin' piece worthy of many a fancy lady's (or man's) coffee table/art book shelf/under their pillow while they're sleeping area cause its so awesome they want to dream about it every night.....you catch my drift. Anyway, this is whats in my head this week...I leave you with a few images from "Black Magic, White Noise" to inspire you...
xo
D




No comments:

Post a Comment