Thursday, September 24, 2009

Lightning Strikes

I love the feeling of when a new idea hits...It feels somewhat like what I imagine being struck by lightning to feel like...You get all excited and crazy and can't write anything down because you're thinking through your ideas at what feels like a mile a minute...I love it!

The subconscious rumblings of a lightning storm started 2 days ago, during an interesting conversation with my hub and some friends of ours about how they always used to find dead dogs in old lots and whatnot in the city...They figured people were just getting rid of them...What a hell of a way to go, left in a lot to decompose...gross...

Anyway, that stuck with me and yesterday I found this story online about a cat someone duct taped and left in a North Philly yard. (Someone found it and called the SPCA and they saved it...I heard its name is Sticky, which I thought was awesome.) So I'm staring at the photo of this cat and thinking that I should sculpt it...because it was just so sad and cute and that's kind of my thing, you know...And then I was thinking about how alot of people in the area of the city that I live in have no regard for anyone or anything...not their kids, their pets, their houses, not even themselves...SOOOOO my thoughts have turned to the idea of using these stories of dead, abused, etc animals to convey how people treat themselves and those around them...Still very much in the beginning stages, but I'm excited nonetheless...


No comments:

Post a Comment