Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bring it back...

Today I saw a tweet by Art in the Age about John Paul Thurlow and the drawings of magazine covers he's been doing:

This is an attempt to remake cover art for every great magazine I own (+ a few record covers soon). Covers is an hommage to the creative men and women who produce such disposable perfection.

With each Cover I take a perfect mass-produced object and turn it into a fucked up one-off. Don't expect perfection here, that's not the way I see beauty in the world.

For 2010 I'm planning the Covers 1 -100 book (limited edition of 100, numbered and signed), a new site, and an exhibition. If you think that sounds interesting let me know...









I love the idea of taking something so commercial and spending so much time making it your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment